Thursday 16 June 2011

Gamestation Rewards

Gamestation have always seemed the underdogs to my purchasing habits - they remind me more of a local game store - for Aberdeen natives a place like 'Solid Gold' than a national chain such as Game but this last trip I took to spend the £5 trade in card I won at the Abertay Games Pub Quiz in Dundee Gamestation has shown some changes.



The staff for one thing seem to have been kicked into gear and are quick to advertise everything from peripheral insurance to there new(?) Elite reward card - and that's more what I'm interested in because it just makes sense - I mean I already have a Game reward card and a pre-defined policy where when/if I buy something for Game they ask if I have a reward card - I say I do but not with me and they take my name and I can never remember what post code its under and it's all great and stuff.

Gamestation conversely look at who they're talking to - if it's clearly a parent then they use the amusing line "It's like a Tesco Clubcard."  In my case they assume I know what the reward card is and get on with the down to earth facts - works in store and online, and for every £40 you spend you get £1 off. Simple but magnificently so, where Game gives you points and double points and clearly the points mean something, I just don't know what. Highlighted by the fact that the store staff actually told me I had enough points for £10 off recently, news to me I must say. The price of 1 game on average is how much you need to get £1 off, sorted!

Of course there is a whole points system behind it that they label XP but I don't ever NEED to know that, however in they're attempt to identify with the consumers they're serving they take it a step further with Accolades - Ok these are just thinly veiled attempts at getting consumers to conduct more business but they invoke a sense of challenge that gamers are all to familiar with and assuming you are the type to do the kind of things they ask anyway, this may be the little kick you need to do it faster and do it with them.

For reference the Accolades reference things such as:
Trading in-games within 14 days of its launch and buying pre-owned games

Just my 2 cents but the Gamestation 'Elite' Reward Program is simple but very effective.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment